Today Thomas was on his course, so this morning we were all up early and Thomas left at 8. I swept up the balcony where Benji, quite a few weeks ago, spent some happy time, tipping out soil from a plant pot and covered the whole floor. Then we got ready and went to the library (compulsory activity on a Saturday - Benji LOOVES loves loves the library, they have toys to play with and an ipad, and puzzles and a little car to sit in, and little tents to play in and so it goes on) I had very sensibly taken with me a fruit bar so that I could get Benji out of the aforementioned library once I had got him in it. Not an easy task, but luckily for me the fruit bar ruse worked and he was so busy focusing on getting to eat it, that he didn't notice that he was being hustled out of the library and back onto the bike, where we went to the ..... hairdressers. This is a picture of Benji (this is the after pic) licking on a well deserved lolly. I think this is the 2nd lolly he has ever had in his life (the first being the first time we went there in January!!)
 |
| I earnt this |
 |
| yum yum |
 |
| the lolly did well, it even got us round the supermarket after!! |
|
|
Then this afternoon, after a nap (benji's not mine, I spent the time working on a newsletter!!) Benji 'helped' me make banana loaf. This added an element of risk and danger that I normally don't associate with cooking, but was also quite fun. One slightly horrifying moment, was when I had given Benji the spoon to lick after we'd mixed it the cake ingredients, and I looked down to see Benji sucking on my (hand wash only) cardigan after he'd wiped cake mixture all over it from the spoon. I did have an apron on, but he managed to find the only bit that wasn't protected.
 |
| banana loaf :-) |
This is benji eating his dinner, which was mainly banana loaf with a small bit of potato and sweetcorn thrown in beforehand. For anyone who feels dispproving about this, Benji is growing his last (god, I hope so) back teeth, and is slightly mad with discomfort and also has a cold, and is mainly living off milk right now. Which makes banana loaf the most nutritious thing he's eaten today!!
 |
| Just the crumbs left |
 |
| Phew that was a long day!! |
 |
| Thomas after being very intelligently thoughtful at his course all day, ha ha. |
|
 |
| now I'm off to eat a really big piece of cake, a cup of earl grey and watch 'Vikings' :-D |
|
No comments:
Post a Comment